Saturday, September 24, 2011

1st Grandchild

I really don't know if the whole thing has settled in on me yet.  There have been so many changes in our lives...and now, a new granddaughter.

She is beautiful and precious, we are so greatful that mother and child are doing well after a VERY scary delivery (an emergency c-section).


New Grandma with New Granddaughter
With our lives in constant turmoil on the farm, with off-farm jobs AND starting a new business; I am not sure how I am going to find time to drive an hour (one-way) to see her, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I am going to find a way!

I want to be a wonderful Grandma, but I don't want to get in the way of the new parents...any advice out there?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Grandchildren are truly a blessing from God. We've been blessed nine times!

Have a nice day.... and by the way, thanks for your recent comment on my Bounty Hunters post. :-)

~Ron

Sherry Sikstrom said...

COngrats, and just love them , Mom and baby can use all of that you can give them , share your experiences to ,but gently . You will be fine, and she is a beautiful babe

jules said...

Helloooooooooo fellow Wisconsinite! I am so excited to find another bloggy friend from this great Dairy state.

Congrats on the grandbaby....they are amazing to have in your life!

TnTConnect said...

Thanks Jules...I will stop by to see your blog...where you from?

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Congratulations! My advice is to bring food when you visit. With a newborn sometimes the idea of fixing dinner is daunting, and having someone bring in a meal makes a world of difference :-)

TexWisGirl said...

congrats to you on a new grandbaby!

wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! i opened up your blog and your header photo just screamed 'homeland' to me. i do miss the dairy state - especially in fall... God bless you and yours and your lovely farm!